COMAST Academy sessions
Academy sessions are equivalent to stage 8 – 10 on the learn to swim pathway and are the first step to becoming a club swimmer.
They can be a compliment to swimming lessons (approx. stage 6+) or for swimmers who have completed the first 7 stages and would like to continue learning.
To join, swimmers must be able to do 25m front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke and dolphin kick.
Each Academy session lasts 1 hour, in that time we will work to improve stroke techniques, learn competitive skills, as well as increasing stamina and fitness.
We offer six Academies in the City of Manchester. Swimmers can attend a maximum of two sessions per week.
- Monday 5pm – 6pm (Manchester Aquatics Centre)
- Monday 6pm – 7pm (Wright Robinson Sports College, Gorton)
- Wednesday 6pm – 7pm (Moss Side Leisure Centre)
- Wednesday 6pm – 7pm (Manchester Aquatics Centre)
- Friday 6pm – 7pm (Moss Side Leisure Centre)
- Sunday 3pm – 5pm (Arcadia Leisure Centre, Levenshulme)
1 hour per week = £10 per month
2 hours per week = £15 per month
(registration with the governing body of swimming, Swim England, is obligatory and has a cost of £15 per year).
After graduating the Academy, swimmers will be ready to:
- Move up to be a club swimmer with one of the COMAST development squads
- Be invited to join the Performance Pathway
- Try a different aquatic discipline: water polo, diving or synchronised swimming
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07927 299300